Sunday, December 14, 2008

Witchblade #122 Review

Witchblade #122
Writer – Ron Marz
Artist – Stjepan Sejic
Publisher - Top Cow/ Image Comics
The Grade – 4 out of 5

Since I have just about had my fill of Marvel and DC of late, I decided to see what else is out there in comic books. It turns out there’s a lot. After all the good things I have read lately about Top Cow, I decided to give their flagship title Witchblade another look.

Now, it has been a long time since I picked up an issue of Witchblade. I think the last issue I bought was #19 or 20, sometime around the Family Ties crossover with The Darkness. Needless to say I figured I would be completely lost. Happily, this was not the case. The issue had a great “previously…” page that filled me in on what was going on and off I went. This was part 2 of 3 that finds Sara Pezzini looking for a killer in a New York neighborhood and is a great introduction to the cast and premise. Marz does a great job of filling you in and giving you a general taste of the Witchblade world. This is not to say you won’t have problems later when the main story gets going again, but this serves as an outstanding first taste of the series.
READ MORE.



No comments: