Thursday, October 01, 2009

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Top Cow



Good morning, Top Cow Herd,

Deep breath. Here goes. My name is Christine, and I'm a total comic newb. But also, Top Cow's new marketing assistant.

I'm here to invite you to be my sponsor, I mean guide, on my adventures towards greener pastures, or as I'd like to think the path to geekstreet cred. But more importantly, you'll be here to witness my intense love affair with Top Cow. So if you're not busy, please come by and say howdy-ho this weekend at Long Beach Comic Con (Booth #365).

But before we have our first date, I should disclose some things about me. I like long walks on the beach, bubble baths, almond milkshakes (two straws, not one).. Kidding. Here are the facts: Felicia Day is my homegirl. I'm pretty sure life would totally be rad if it was a 70s sitcom like Three's Company. Watchmen (read: Archie Comics) was my first foray into the world of comics. And, Gabe and Tycho makes me go weak in the knees.

(Cue Match.com promo music.) I promise to share with you my thoughts, my discoveries, my confusion, my questions about the Top Cow universe. And I hope we can keep this a two-way street.

So call me, beep me, when you wanna reach me. Or you can send me love notes (or hate notes, if you swing that way), board messages, tweets, smoke signals, carrier pigeons, etc. And I'll be here to get right back to you.

Until next time,

Christine

P.S. I'll be better at not diablocody-izing and dropping too many references (read: you're so lime green jell-o. kidding! stopping now.) on the next go-around.


No comments: