Friday, November 13, 2009

Multiversity Comics' Friday Recommendation: Madame Mirage



A small beef was ignited a couple of weeks ago during our Francis Manapul. It was nothing serious, and I don't even think anyone at Top Cow was truly miffed, but our interviewer made a small crack about the genre of so called “T & A” comics and it was misconstrued as us not liking the brand, which couldn’t be further from the truth. We love comics no matter what they look like. If they’re good, we’ll love them, simple as that. Top Cow even gave us one of my favorite artists of all time, the late, great, dearly departed Michael Turner.

But I digress, during Wondercon some months back, while I was looking through the dealer hall, I came across a book by one of my favorite writers on a book I hadn’t heard of before. Paul Dini had taken the time to write a book that wasn’t focused on Batman? Huh…who’d have thought? I picked it up, and it was one of my favorite stories by one of my favorite writers.

Madame Mirage is a complex story.

READ MORE.



No comments: