Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Broken Frontier: Opening up Pandora's Box at Top Cow - Part 1



After the amazing success of Top Cow's last intercompany crossover Broken Trinity the ramifications for the regular titles (Witchblade and The Darkness) were big and ongoing. At some point Top Cow announced that a storyline would start in 2010 that would focus on the 13 mystical Artifacts in the Top Cow Universe and to start that story, Top Cow will first release a direct follow-up to Broken Trinity called Broken Trinity: Pandora's Box. Broken Frontier interviewed the writer-team on this and more and today we start off with the first part of this two-part interview, showcasing exclusive material from the series' artist!

BROKEN FRONTIER: Hello Rob & Bryan. You will be writing the new six-issue miniseries Broken Trinity: Pandora's Box in which you team up to follow up on the Broken Trinity miniseries by Ron Marz and Stjepan Sejic. The early press releases revealed that you both have done a oneshot for the Cow, but I would like to know more about you to start this interview of. Please introduce yourselves, if you will.

BRYAN HILL: Bryan Hill here. In addition to writing comics, I also write screenplays, some journalism. I fancy myself a filmmaker but I haven't shot anything in months, so I need to get on that. My favorite film is Blade Runner. My favorite desert is the chocolate chip cookie. I take my bourbon straight, no chaser.

ROB LEVIN: Rob Levin here. I've written a couple of one-shots for Top Cow, just had a story published in the DC Holiday Special, and that's about all I can talk about writing wise. Background wise I studied film in college, then immediately got into comics as a profession. I ran Top Cow's editorial department for a few years before going freelance this past January. I enjoy fresh burritos and short walks on the beach. If you're buying, I'll take a Captain and diet. It's for my figure.

READ MORE.



No comments: