Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Multiversity Comics: Small Press Spotlight: Midnight Nation



This is sort of a cheater week for me and my weekly Small Press Spotlight series. While every title I've highlighted so far has been from a fairly small press company, this week I am taking a look at Top Cow's Midnight Nation. This title was released under their Joe's Comics imprint in 2000 to 2002 and was written by J. Michael Straczynski and illustrated by Gary Frank.

While it is true Top Cow isn't a true small press publisher as they are a studio of Image Comics, I've wanted to highlight this book for a while and Top Cow has proven themselves to be a nimble publisher of unique titles. Just like all of my favorite small press companies. Read more about this title after the jump.

This is one of the most unheralded gems of the past decade. While I must admit that I have not read it in a few years, myself and friends have enjoyed this story on multiple occasions. It's definitely a title that could (and perhaps should) discover an audience in trade, yet that day has not come yet.

Give it a try now - Amazon has a trade featuring all twelve issues and the Wizard 1/2 edition for just $18.99. That's an absolutely awesome deal.

READ MORE.



No comments: