Wednesday, March 17, 2010

CraveOnline Interviews Ron Marz on Angelus



Ron Marz is one of the most well respected and established comic book writers in the business. Known for his work on everything from Silver Surfer, to Green Lantern, to the infamous Marvel vs DC crossover events. Marz is also no stranger to controversy having been instrumental in turning Hal Jordan into a mass murderer in order to introduce Kyle Rayner as well as being accused by some for having misogynistic tones to his work.

Marz worked for a stint at Dark Horse where he created Samurai: Heaven And Earth as well as various Star Wars comics. These days Marz is working exclusively with Top Cow where his current six issue series Angelus is burning up comic book shops everywhere. I got to spend a few minutes with Ron talking about comics, the past, the future and where his creation lay within it.


CraveOnline: How did you come to be involved with Top Cow?

RON MARZ
: When I left CrossGen and went back to freelance, Top Cow’s editor-in-chief at the time, Jim McLauchlin, got in touch and asked me if I wanted to get my feet wet with Top Cow by doing a Darkness arc. I did it, everything went well, and then Jim made the offer for me to take on Witchblade. Actually, that’s not quite true. Jim asked what I wanted to do, I said, “Magdalena” and Jim said, “Yeah, that’s great, how ’bout you do Witchblade?”


Read the entire interview here.

Source: CraveOnline



No comments: