Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Project Fanboy Reviews Velocity #1



I'm already a huge fan on Kenneth Rocafort so it's no surprise to me that I think I would buy this comic even if it had no dialogue or narration, just Rocaforts art. That's how good I think this book looks. The characters are so well designed and stylized that you know them before you know anything about them. The panels are full of motion and dynamics and the world in the background is beautiful and terrifying at the same time. It's all just uber-interesting to look at.

However, add to that a story by Ron Marz that hits all the right first issue notes in a unique way and you got a comic that is must read in my book. Velocity is an interesting character that I want to know more about and shes got a big bad guy that I want to see what happens with. Its got a great tone, interesting characters, and eye candy art....What more do you need for a great start of a new mini-series?

Read the full review here.
Source: Project Fanboy

No comments: