Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ron Marz talks about his exclusive deal with Top Cow on CBR

Top Cow recently announced that “Witchblade” writer Ron Marz has signed an exclusive contract with the company for the next three years. As part of the deal, Marz is slated to continue his work in the Top Cow Universe with titles like "Broken Trinity," as well as produce a number of creator-owned works under the Top Cow banner, the first of which is the recently debuted "Dragon Prince." CBR News caught up with Marz to get the details on his upcoming projects.

There were a number of reasons Marz decided to put all of his eggs in one basket. “The majority of the projects I had lined up were going to be at Top Cow anyway,” the writer told CBR. “And they made a component of the deal an ability for me to come in and do a fairly regular stream of creator-owned work, which, frankly, you’re not going to find at most other publishers that do work-for-hire. And more than anything, probably the fact that I just enjoy working for those guys a hell of a lot. They’ve treated me great since day one. They have a fairly hands-off editorial policy, which means I can tell the stories that I want to tell in the way I want to tell them. And I like everybody I work with, so there really wasn’t a downside.” READ MORE.



No comments: