Monday, November 02, 2009

Origin Issue: Filip Sablik



Recently we introduced a new regular feature in Scoop: Origin Issue. The subject is a straightforward question, but one with many different answers: Why do you collect?

The subject this time is Filip Sablik, Publisher of Top Cow Productions, who has an interesting take on why he collected before he got to his present position.


I must confess, I don't really collect comics anymore. After about a dozen moves and having to downsize my living space a few years back, I decided to give away and sell off my single issue comic collection (at the time about a dozen short boxes). I kept two boxes.

The first is a box of my own published work and the second was a full run of George Pérez comics from the late 1970s through the 1990s. Pérez was one of my largest artistic influences and the first time I felt compelled to get everything a creator had done.

It took most of my middle and high school years to assemble so I've never been able to part with it.

READ MORE.



No comments: