Monday, December 21, 2009

The Quarter Bin Reviews Angelus #1



Angelus #1
Writer: Ron Marz
Artist: Stjepan Sejic
Cover Artists: Stjepan Sejic, Eric Basaldua

Of the three major powers in the Top Cow universe–Witchblade, the Darkness, and the Angelus–the Angelus is the one that I am the least familiar with. All I really know about them is that they are the bearers of light, as well as the tidbits I picked up reading Witchblade and last summer’s Broken Trinity. However, after reading Witchblade for the past year, I was excited for this series to start. First of all, of the preview art I’ve seen in previews and solicitations looks gorgeous (no surprise, coming from the talented Stjepan Sejic, whose work in Witchblade I look forward to every month), but I also wanted to see where life beyond the Witchblade would take Dani Baptiste, the new leader of the Angelus.

Angelus #1 will be in comic shops this Wednesday, December 23. If you’re a fan of the Top Cow U, then make sure you get in on this series from the start.

READ MORE.



No comments: