Thursday, May 06, 2010

Twitter Report: Ron Marz Sounds Off on Comic Book Piracy



Ron Marz, of course, is always more than skeptical about comic book piracy. Marz, Kurt Busiek and B. Clay Moore all weighed in on the topic in the last 24 hours. Their opinions come in the wake of an FBI raid on the comics-hosting site HTMLcomics.com.

Their stances and more await in the Twitter Report for May 6, 2010.

Piracy pt. 1: @KurtBusiek @ronmarz Copyright is control, and infringement is taking that control away. It's not the object being stolen, it's the control.
-Kurt Busiek, Writer ("Superman," "Astro City")

Piracy pt. 2: @ronmarz I'd also like to point out that when I smack somebody about piracy, I gain followers, not lose 'em. Draw your own conclusions.
-Ron Marz, Writer ("Green Lantern," "Witchblade")

Piracy pt. 3: @bclaymoore @ronmarz I've given up fighting piracy, and am just glad when someone's reading my work. Not much else to do.
-B. Clay Moore, Writer ("Hawaiian Dick," "Billy Smoke")

Piracy pt. 4: @ronmarz I actually have more respect for those who are man enough to say, "I'm a thief" rather than spout a bunch of rationalizing bullsh--.

Read more tweets here.

Source: MTV Splashpage

No comments: