Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Comic News Reviews Angelus #4



Four issues in and Angelus continues to weave a very strong and interesting story. The battle between light and dark comes to a head as the Angelus finds herself in the grip of The Darkness.

Angelus #4 provides us with a battle of light versus dark, a truce, a romance, and a betrayal. Basically all the makings of a great story. Angelus #4 seriously picks up the pace as we draw closer to Top Cows Artifacts crossover event. That’s all I really have to say about the storyline of issue #4, I don’t want to ruin the story for you, I’m sure you understand.

What I will tell you about the book is Stjepan Sejic truly excels in delivering breathtaking artwork. Angelus is one of the best illustrated comic books on the market today. Sejic’s depiction of Cerebrus goes down as the best I have ever seen. Personally, I could take a comic consisting of nothing more than Sejic illustrations, lacking any words and find myself completely satisfied. That is certainly not a knock on the writing skills of Ron Marz as his stories are always engaging, interesting and very entertaining to read and that holds oh so true with this comic book.


Read the full Review here.
Source: comicnews.info

No comments: