Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Graphic Policy Reviews Velocity #1



I’ve been staring at teasers to the cover of Velocity #1, from Ron Marz and Kenneth Rocafort and published by Top Cow, for what seems like months and every time I’ve looked forward to the first issue. There was just something intriguing to the art and the cover, something inviting that made me want to read this issue (I have no idea why I’ve been obsessed with this cover, the last time this happened was NYX #1). But, when I finally got the chance to read the first issue, did it live up to my built up expectations? The answer is a resounding “hell yes!”

The art is fantastic and story has an excellent pace but what stood out to me was the captions/thought bubbles. The voice used for this is fantastic as Carin narrates her own story. It’s a great use of the technique and one you don’t see too often.

Read the full review here.
Source: graphicpolicy.com

No comments: