Thursday, July 08, 2010

The Quarter Bin Reviews Angelus #4



As Luke pointed out yesterday in his review of Velocity #1, one of Ron Marz’s greatest strengths is being able to convey things without having to completely spell them out for the reader. This is one of the reasons I’ve been enjoying Marz’s work on the Top Cow U so much; he’s doing a great job writing these characters, and Dani is no exception. Personally, I like Marz best when he’s accompanied by Stjepan Sejic, and this series really allows Sejic to creatively interpret the words of Marz into stunning images.

Even though the Top Cow U is full of strong, memorable female characters, Dani Baptiste still manages to stand out. I really dig where her story is headed right now, even if I’m not entirely sure how her actions as the Angelus will ultimately affect the other major powers in the Top Cow U, and I hope this creative team can keep that momentum going. Based on what I’ve seen so far, I don’t think it will be a problem.


Read the full review here.
Source: thequarterbin.com

No comments: