Monday, February 01, 2010

Newsarama: Drawing Pandora's Box Open for Top Cow



If you've read the Greek myth of Pandora, it tells a tale of a mythical box with untold secrets and spells inside. The mystery of it's true contents – and the consequences of opening it – are at the heart of the myth, and trying to picture the stories written down in print is sometimes too overwhelming for even the largest imaginations. When comics publisher Top Cow set it sights on telling its own take on the Pandora legend, it knew it needed a spectacular artist to draw the story – and all it's secrets.


In the upcoming miniseries Broken Trinity: Pandora's Box, artist Allesandro Vitti joins co-writers Bryan Edward Hill and Rob Levin to shed light on two new facets – and artifact holders – in Top Cow's ever-expanding universe. This is Vitti's first steps into the decade old Top Cow U started by Marc Silvestri way back when, and he comes fresh off a stint on Marvel's Secret Warriors but plans to make Pandora's Box all his own.

"It’s always been a dream of mine to work on comics I read growing up," said Vitti. "I hope to continue doing so for a long time, and hopefully make an impact. I’m currently working on pages related to the Broken Trinity: Pandora’s Box miniseries. There are six issues, and I’m trying to devote as much as my attention to it as I can. In the meantime, I may also start another project that I cannot speak of yet."

Read the full article here.

Source: Newsarama



No comments: